This full-time position involves working on exciting projects from initial concept sketch through to construction. You will be collaborating with our small team of Architects and Designers in a friendly and collaborative environment.
Feather & Lawry Design is located in Toowoomba, a prosperous regional Queensland city, 90 minutes west of Brisbane. Located on the Great Dividing Range, residents enjoy four distinct seasons including spectacular spring gardens and autumnal colour. It is the hub of the fertile Darling Downs and boasts extensive health, education, retail and professional services. The city opened its own airport in 2015 with daily services to Sydney and Melbourne and the completion of the billion-dollar Second Range Crossing in early 2019 is expected to bring an additional boost to the economic growth of the region.
Initial three-month contract with potential for permanent position. Remuneration on application, commensurate with experience.
Key requirements and experience
- 5 years professional experience
- Tertiary qualifications in Interior Design/Interior Architecture
- Proficient in 3D CAD Revit presentation modelling and documentation
- Proven experience in residential and commercial projects
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Self-motivated with strong organisational skills, able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills and ability to liaise with consultants and clients
- Concept Design – 2D mood boards, concept imagery supplemented with samples
- Spatial planning (hand sketching)
- Documentation – CAD Revit/Photoshop
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Attention to detail
- Construction and NCC knowledge
Feather & Lawry Design was established in Toowoomba in 2003 and is a multi-disciplined practice with a large and varied project portfolio in both the residential and commercial sectors.
Our design team at Feather & Lawry has the expertise to provide Architectural and Interior Design Master Planning, Conceptual Design, Contract Documentation, Specification and Project